TOM THUMB REPAIR PART 8
As 2017 progressed, the Tom Thumb Player Piano lost it's enthusiasm and by the time we closed for the season, it was ready to be worked on.
Some jobs just hate to be finished. After the unglued action was fixed, tuning was the next step. While tuning, we broke a treble string. While replacing it, we undid the wrong mating string, so we ended up replacing 2 strings. Then at the bottom end of the scale, we broke a wound bass string, so we had to order a new one, made as a duplicate from Schaff.
In order to install it, we had to take the pump out to get at the bottom anchor point. Then it turned out that the tuning pin would not hold, so it had to be removed and the hole shimmed.
Well, it is back together now, ready for final tuning. Of course, we might break another string doing that.